customer bought a hottub from china 50hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

SEO said:
I don't know of any that would not require third party certification. I can't speak for anyone except myself. I follow the NEC for all electrical equipment that needs to be listed but when I run into an unusual case I'll use section 90.4 and require third party certification. I do not have a specific list of items that I require to be listed.
Don't come to my town ...

Hit them with something in 100 or 110, my 2008 NFPA-70 says introduction for the 90's.

What the 90's gives you is an authority and through your Local AHJ, oh we
don't know what authority it is cause theres no location in your profile...

:)

Last edited:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Per 110.2 all electrical equipment has to be "approved". The FPN after 110.2 refers you to 110.3 and the FPN following 110.3(A)(1) suggests that on method of approval would be to look for the listing label. The FPN in 110.2 also refers you to 90.7 which suggest the need for an examination of the interal wiring of equipment that is not listed.

New Legaleese from the NC legislature I believe requires 3rd party listing for just about everything. The big fight here was about listing large peices of manufacturing equip. Since that sort of machinery is "one off" kind stuff and its really expensive to test it is not required. Cad Point prob knows what Im talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.