Deadfront GFCI with alarm contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
Does anyone make a deadfront GFCI with alarm contacts? I see plenty with audible alarms, but I've come up empty for dry contacts that change state with a trip. I'd like to avoid driving a relay if possible, but I can do that if I have to.

Thanks,

SceneryDriver

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Never seen one but seems like a good idea. Guess the market would not be large enough to build. Looks like you are going to have to go the relay route.

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
Whats the application? One off or do you need large qty? What is the alarm contact interfacing to? I don't believe there are any of the 'normal' gfci modules available with alarm contacts. The 30 amp northshore one is available with a DC fault notification output but its bigger than a normal deadfront and it is NOT $15.00 http://nssltd.com/wp-content/themes...pdfs/gfci/Layout for 30 Amp perm cutsheet.pdf

The GFCI will be protecting a somewhat remote 20A 120V outdoor receptacle, powering an irrigation pump - definitely a one-off. The customer would like to have an indication if the GFCI trips, back inside. There's apparently an automation system they want tie into, that will email someone if the GFCI trips. It can interface with dry contacts at 24VDC. The relay should do nicely; I was just hoping to avoid another device in the mix, if possible.

I can place a single-pole ice cube relay with a 120VAC coil in the j-box that will hold the GFCI, and have it switch the 24V to the automation system. The Northshore Safety units look nice, if a little out of this project's budget. I'll bookmark them for next time.

Thanks,

SceneryDriver

Status
Not open for further replies.