Dear Admin: H-TAP Connectors and Triplex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
General Contractor
Dear Admin,

I am a new member on this forum. I engage in electrical work on a professional level on a near daily basis though it is not exclusively my trade. I have recently started operating in a rural area in Western Kansas and have encountered situations that I have not previously encountered which is privately owned aerials/triplex. I turned to a forum of electrical industry professionals for professional installation practices and tools required to make connections needed in these circumstances.

In response a member of admin has locked the thread to replies and posted the following (which I read previously to ensure compliance of my posts) to the thread.

This site is designed for:
  • Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

To better help us serve you, please be sure to update your account details with your occupation field and location if you have not done so already. You can access your account details by clicking on your account name at the top right of the page when on the forums.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.​

I do not understand how this applies to my thread in question. I would be a contractor/electrician and per the notice literally and specifically only questions of a "How-To" nature by persons "NOT INVOLVED IN THE ELECTRICAL INDUSTRY" would be removed without notice. I am very much involved in the electrical industry and my questions were educated and technical.

I could not find a way to reach out to admin for clarification on what rule I have broken so I am submitting this thread with the understanding that it must be reviewed by an administrator prior to publication. Please reach out to me an let me understand how I am not in compliance because we are unable to comply with rules if they are not or cannot be understood.

Thank you for your time.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I went back and read your other two posts. They were phrased like someone who is not really an electrician asking for advice on how to do electrical work. That and your info says general contractor, not electrical contractor or electrician might lead an admin to think you are doing unlicensed electrical work which the forum rules prohibit us from helping you perform.

Just to clarify - are you licensed as an electrician or electrical contractor?

If not, then probably the correct action was taken.

If you are a licensed electrical contractor or electrician than you might want to indicate that in your account details.

Status
Not open for further replies.