Dedicated circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooosh123

Occupation
Electrician
Can you branch a dining room outlet off a dedicated kitchen circuit? I’m being told yes but I’ve had inspectors say no

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Yes, the kitchen receptacles need to be on one of the 2 or more SABC's, the dining room receptacles are permitted on the kitchen SABC's.

Welcome to the Forum. :)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Added: Beat me by a second.
Can you branch a dining room outlet off a dedicated kitchen circuit? I’m being told yes but I’ve had inspectors say no
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, as they are both considered small-appliance outlets and may share a circuit.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
You're welcome and here's the applicable code section.

210.52(B) Small Appliances.
(1) Receptacle Outlets Served. In the kitchen, pantry, breakfast room, dining room, or similar area of a dwelling unit, the two or more 20-ampere small-appliance branch circuits required by 210.11(C)(1) shall serve all wall and floor receptacle outlets covered by 210.52(A), all countertop outlets covered by 210.52(C), and receptacle outlets for refrigeration equipment.
Exception No. 1: In addition to the required receptacles specified by 210.52, switched receptacles supplied from a general-purpose branch
circuit as defined in 210.70(A)(1), Exception No. 1, shall be permitted.
Exception No. 2: In addition to the required receptacles specified by 210.52, a receptacle outlet to serve a specific appliance shall be permitted to be supplied from an individual branch circuit rated 15 amperes or greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.