Definition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

Re: Definition

Are you refering to the requirements of 210.52(E)?

Without a code reference I would define this statement as the opening or access to a structure that is directly at grade, meaning no steps or platforms. :confused:

patrhodes

I am working on a practice test with the question: "Direct grade level access" is defined as being located not more than-a.6.5' b.6'3" c.6'4" or d.8'- above grade level.
I cannot find any referance to this term in the code book.

bphgravity

I was correct in my assumption of 210.52(E).

This requirement is for outdoor receptacle outlets that are required at grade level in the front and back of of dwellings and not more than 6.5 feet above grade. :)

This is a very poorly worded question!!! :eek:

tshephard

This is real close to a question I had, and the book's in the truck. As I remember, crawl space receptacles to be be GFI when crawlspace "at or below grade". How would it be above grade?

glockner

This question is also in the 2005 Calculations Exam Questions and Answers book by Tom Henry, Chapter 1 Test 1 Branch Circuits.

2.Direct grade level access is defined as being located not more than ____ above grade level and being readily accessable.
(a)6'3" (b)6'6" (c)7' (d)8'

While I was reviewing this I too had a really hard time coming up with an official answer (relating to which Article) as the "definition" is not in Article 100 as one may assume. The wording of the question is also not in the Index of the code book verbatim.

However, it is the actual test title and subject matter of the other questions that points to where to find an answer.

The subject of the first few questions in this section is Outlets (See Index) although not actually using the word, and this question is asking for readily "accessible" (See Definitions Article 100)) "Capable of bing reached quickly for operation," meaning access to a receptacle. Looking in the index for Outlets, Receptacle, Required (as in readily accessible) you will get 210-III, which starts with Article 210.50. Also the Table of Contents, Wiring and Protection, Branch Circuits, Required Outlets, takes you to the same place, 210-III.

Not knowing that this question is about a dwelling caused me to miss the the note in the Index about Outlets, Receptacle, Dwellings, where required, but skimming through 210-III you will find 210.52(E) Outdoor Outlets. Standing on Direct Grade you would have to be outdoors.

So without having access to a computer search engine while browsing your code book, this question is a hard one to tackle. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.