demand load

Status
Not open for further replies.

tier

commercial kitchen equipment 3kw ovens,20 kw wh,3kw deep fryer i looked @table 220.20 5 units would b 7okw demand factor is that correct?

bob

Re: demand load

The way you have listed the load you have
1 3 kw fryer
1 20 kw water heater (this seems too high for 1)
1 3kw oven
I am not reading the post correctly because you say you have 5 units.

I agree need more info but even with numbers listed the math doesn't add up. Using 220.20 plus the 26k of devices, if there are 5 wouldn't this be a demand factor of 70% then would be 70% of 26k is 18.2k. Since he says ovens maybe there are 3 of them and that is how he gets his 5. Then that would be 3 at 3kw, 1 at 20k and 1 at 3kw. 32k total at 70% would be 22.4kw demand factor. correct?

bob

Tier
Have you checked the rating for the water heater?
If it is similar to a residential WH you have
2 4500 watt elements but only one is on at any time. Could this unit have 2 10 kw heaters and
only one on at any time?
The caculations by gmgv look correct an show a
22.4 kw load. However if you have the wh(20 kw) and only one 3 kw cooker, you have exceeded that
load (22.4 kw).

d and o

The water heater in question could be a booster heater for the dishwashing system. 20 Kw wouldn't be too big for that application.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

Tier: You need to step back into this thread, and clarify your question. I can say that the types of loads you named are in keeping with the purpose of Table 220.20. If, in fact, you have five units of equipment, then the 70% demand factor would apply. So tell us, how many of what type of equipment are you discussing?

bonding jumper

He registered the same day as his question. Probably forgot to book mark the site or his password :D

[ December 26, 2003, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: bonding jumper ]

Status
Not open for further replies.