Desk Lamp

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Saw this desk lamp at an estate sale. Would have bought it if I knew I could get parts to fix it. A new screw may have fixed it or may not. Internal parts may be broken. My wife would kill me if I brought home another project that cost money & couldn’t be fixed. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_2836.jpeg
    IMG_2836.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 15

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Used to have one like that except it clamped on a drawing table. Not much to it. Doesn't even have a starter and I think you can still get the on-off button with the momentary start. Looks like all it needs is attention to that screw.

-Hal

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Used to have one like that except it clamped on a drawing table. Not much to it. Doesn't even have a starter and I think you can still get the on-off button with the momentary start. Looks like all it needs is attention to that screw.

-Hal
Yea, I wondered about that but couldn’t tell if there were broken or stripped parts in the hinge. Haven’t worked with those lights much but I’ve opened things before & found a dozen small parts inside such as springs, special washers, leaf springs or other gizmos. Light works well, double tube, looked like T8. Was $20. If it were $5 or a free item, I would have gotten it & taken pot luck

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
I had one back when I was in high school. After a while, the joints got sloppy and it wouldn't stay where I put it.