Device plaster ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
If you are used to stripping and looping with the tools you normally carry, you will be faster with those - regardless of what they may be.

kwired

Electron manager
I have heard from old timers many years ago about using the broken off ears as washers. That's why they have holes in them.

-Hal

In my "screw box" on the truck there is one bin that is broken off plaster ears. They make great washers for either spacing devices or other general uses that you would use a similar sized washer for. I also have a bin with 1/4-20 nuts, as I do often need them for use on 1/4-20 bolts, but they also make great device spacers when you do need that ~1/4 inch or so.

I will bend the ears on switches, generally not on receptacles as they get pushed/pulled on when inserting plugs and eventually will bend them back and then you have loose fitting device in the wall. Cheap grade receptacles you maybe used to get away with it, but now that we need TR receptacles in most locations where you might use the cheap grade those often take more force to insert a cord cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.