dewalt 18 volt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of, or heard of a adapter for 18 volt dewalt tools that allows you to use 120v?...... or how to make one? im very interested.
Thanks.

KJay

nplarson01 said:
Does anyone know of, or heard of a adapter for 18 volt dewalt tools that allows you to use 120v?...... or how to make one? im very interested.
Thanks.

I know Dewalt used to have that for the older 24V line, but I don?t think they ever had one for the 18V system. Sounds slightly counter intuitive to me anyway. JMO

480sparky

KJay said:
I know Dewalt used to have that for the older 24V line, but I don?t think they ever had one for the 18V system. Sounds slightly counter intuitive to me anyway. JMO

Not really. I use my 24v DeWalt stuff about 50-50 between the batteries and the cord. If I have 120v available, I pop in the 120v adapter. It saves on the batteries, and the adapter is easier to carry than an entire other 120v-only tool.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
480sparky said:
It saves on the batteries, and the adapter is easier to carry than an entire other 120v-only tool.
Plus the tools are a tad stronger on the AC supply.

rattus

If the tools use universal motors, a step-down transformer might work, but I think the battery powered jobs use permanent magnets instead of a wound field coil. Then, a rectifier would be required.

Winnie is a motor expert; maybe he can tell us.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You certainly could make one with a defunct battery case and the appropriate transformer and rectifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.