Did you send any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
I did not, there were really no issues that affect me that much. The biggest issue I have is the handle tie requirement in 210.4, and being that it was just passed I doubted it would get anywhere proposing it's removal.

Roger

iwire

Staff member
I did not send any, I think the NEC is perfect as written.

OK, I was just lazy.:D

Between the ones that I wrote for myslef, for Mike Holt and for IAEI, I sent in 136. :D
Overachiever. :cool:

Do you feel like sharing any of them?

mdshunk

The proposal process seems unnecessarily burdensome. I should write a proposal sometime with ideas to streamline the proposal process.

mdshunk

How long does it take you to fill out one sheet of paper? :cool:
The substantiation part is what I see as the burdensome part. Look at how many decent sounding proposals have been kicked out because of not enough written substantiation.

cadpoint

Look how they worked the "( )" in via the defination Here

substantiation :
Noun

• S: (n) confirmation, verification, check, substantiation (additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct) "fossils provided further confirmation of the evolutionary theory"
  • S: (n) validation, proof, substantiation (the act of validating; finding or testing the truth of something)

cadpoint

Are all the other publications reviewed and re-written in the same way as NFPA-70 ?
What about NFPA-72 National Fire Alarm Code, or NFPA 13 or even NFPA-1?

If an error exists between differnet Codes how is this handled ?

Granted that the NFPA-70 is usually State authorized, are all the other trades and Boards just pick up their own respective Code Books/Laws in time as they come out as well?

Rockyd

I sent one in. It was pretty simple, but hope to save hours of grief. Just trying to educate new inspectors as to intelligent design vs being a corner-cutter.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Are all the other publications reviewed and re-written in the same way as NFPA-70 ?
What about NFPA-72 National Fire Alarm Code, or NFPA 13 or even NFPA-1?

If an error exists between differnet Codes how is this handled ?
All of the NFPA documents are consensus standards and follow the same process as the NEC...the only difference is that they are not all on a 3 year cycle. I believe that the Standards Council addresses issues between the various standards.

electricmanscott

The proposal process seems unnecessarily burdensome. I should write a proposal sometime with ideas to streamline the proposal process.
Agreed. I would also extend that to the entire code making process.

Three year code cycle is very unneccesary as well. Six would suffice as far as I am concerned. Of course there would be many fewer books sold, and many fewer code update classes to pay for and 1/2 as many license renewal fees....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.