DIN FUSES

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMAO

I am not a fuse expert so I was wondering if anyone could explain these:

What does 'NH' stand for (knife blade)? What is DIN XXXXX (for example DIN 43653)? Is 'DIN' a standard type of fuse?

Thanks

What is DIN XXXXX (for example DIN 43653)? Is 'DIN' a standard type of fuse?

DIN stands for Deutsches Institut f?r Normung (German Institute for Standardization) . DIN 43653 is a standard for "High rupturing-capacity fuses for semi-conductor converters". You'll also see "BS###" which is British Standard, like BS 1363, which specifies the most common type of single-phase AC power plugs and sockets that are used in the United Kingdom.

LMAO

DIN stands for Deutsches Institut f?r Normung (German Institute for Standardization) . DIN 43653 is a standard for "High rupturing-capacity fuses for semi-conductor converters". You'll also see "BS###" which is British Standard, like BS 1363, which specifies the most common type of single-phase AC power plugs and sockets that are used in the United Kingdom.

Thanks for the info. Is there an online document to look these up? I can't find any online reference to DIN.

kwired

Electron manager

I always though the British had a lot of "BS" standards:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.