directional overcurrent settings (ANSI 67)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lielec11

Anyone have experience in setting an SEL-700G, 67 function? I am being asked to provide a recommendation on this but to be honest it's not something we do a lot at all. I don't even know the inputs that need to be set. Is it percentage of current for a given amount of tiem, similar to an under or overvoltage relay?

In my research so far I've only found a few white papers but nothing that provides recommendations or standards. I also searched through the SEL-700G instruction manual but can't find anything here that helps me.

The manual can be found here for reference: https://na.eventscloud.com/file_uploads/81b70f1e52ea555256f1896051c25634_SEL700G.pdf

If anyone can help point me in the right direction I'd be greatful.

Thanks.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Anyone have experience in setting an SEL-700G, 67 function? I am being asked to provide a recommendation on this but to be honest it's not something we do a lot at all. I don't even know the inputs that need to be set. Is it percentage of current for a given amount of tiem, similar to an under or overvoltage relay?

In my research so far I've only found a few white papers but nothing that provides recommendations or standards. I also searched through the SEL-700G instruction manual but can't find anything here that helps me.

The manual can be found here for reference: https://na.eventscloud.com/file_uploads/81b70f1e52ea555256f1896051c25634_SEL700G.pdf

Thanks.

your in Charlotte...
Luke Booth is an application engineer at SEL on the west side of Charlotte in their office
call him. he will be glad to help.
John Town is another good one.
I have their numbers if you need it.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician

Thanks.

it should be the ratio of current.

for a 2000:5 set to five times the Input current rating for an instantaneous setting for example, the setting would be 25A.
for a 1 amp CT, just divide by 5.

lielec11

your in Charlotte...
Luke Booth is an application engineer at SEL on the west side of Charlotte in their office
call him. he will be glad to help.
John Town is another good one.
I have their numbers if you need it.

Thank you I will PM you for sure.

it should be the ratio of current.

for a 2000:5 set to five times the Input current rating for an instantaneous setting for example, the setting would be 25A.
for a 1 amp CT, just divide by 5.

That's what I normally understand but now what I'm seeing in their manual. There are a lot more settings including things like:

POS SQ LN Z MAG
ZERO SW LN Z MAG
DIR CONTROL LVL1
DIR CONTROL LVL2
I1 RST FAC I0/I1

The more I look into this the more I'm just going to tell them they' have to hire a competent technician and that this is above my head. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.