Disco on the neutral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwinjo

New User
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hi all:
Running power to my boat shed, abutting a dock. 4 conductors to subpanel in the shed, ground and neutral separated. Putting an easily spotted disconnect on shed exterior in case there is an issue on the dock , allowing a land based observer to kill power. I have a 3 pole disconnect and I am wondering the upside or downside of running the neutral through the switch along with the 2 hots? Any thoughts?

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules. If you are not an electrician, we are not permitted to assist you in performing your own electrical installation or maintenance work. You would have had to agree with that rule during the process of registering on the forum.

The reason is that the forum’s owner does not want a person to get an answer to the question they asked, but not get answers to the dozens of other questions they should have asked and were unaware they needed to ask. Mike doesn’t want anyone to get injured by any incidents related to electrical installations. But he also doesn’t want to be sued by the injured party’s relatives on the basis of him not telling you enough to keep you safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.