Disconnect for small 120V control panel

kloc5

Occupation
Controls Manager
I need a small control panel that will consist of a 120V outlet (to plug in a charger for an operator tablet), possibly a programming port w/ 120v outlet, and a small 120VAC input, 24VDC power supply (to power an I/O Module, the I/O, and an ethernet switch). I was considering just using a 120V plug, and based on NFPA79 5.3.2 (6), not having a disconnect on the panel itself. I would run the line to a CC fuse, and the neutral straight through. Is there any reason I can't / shouldn't do this? Does this bring about any special labeling or restrictions?

Thanks!

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I don't see why you can't do this as long as you label the source of supply and where the disconnect is.

But if you are going to install a fuse, you might as well install a door mount disconnect. By the time you put in a fuse block, the disconnect might not cost a whole lot more.

kloc5

Occupation
Controls Manager
I was just thinking that if I went with a disconnect, that I would need either 3-pole non-fusible UL98 disconnect and run the line and neutral through it and then the line would go to the fuse. Or I could get a 3-pole fusible UL98 disconnect and run the line through that w/o an additional fuse block. It just seemed overkill unless there is a better way to do this. Any suggestions?

Also, for the labeling, are you referring to NFPA79 16.2.5 and 16.2.6?

Thanks!