disconnect on inside and outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 600amp meterbase (transocket?) (trying to correct my own terminology in advance) on the outside of the house supplying power to 2ea 200amp panel boxes on the inside of the house. The customer wants 200amps ran to his detached garage. Is it code compliant to come from the transocket and install a 3rd disconnect outdoor that would feed power to the detached garage? texas

In the end, two of the disconnects would be on the inside of the house, and the detached garage disconnect would be on the outside.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
If this is a single family dwelling, Exception #3 to 230.40 will permit you to run a separate set of service conductors to the garage.
The disconnect(s) from this second set of service conductors are not required to be grouped with the disconnect(s) for the first set of service conductors.

retirede

If this is a single family dwelling, Exception #3 to 230.40 will permit you to run a separate set of service conductors to the garage.
The disconnect(s) from this second set of service conductors are not required to be grouped with the disconnect(s) for the first set of service conductors.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.