Disconnect Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Yes this is pretty obvious I know. But I ask quest for reassurance but more so just in case there's a variable/scenario I'm not familiar with that someone may have experienced. Nothing is absolute.

It quite clear that the AHU should come with this disconnect switch and not be provided loose by the electrician. It say single point electrical connection and that would be the feed to disconnect switch and done! Agree?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    248 KB · Views: 32
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    47.9 KB · Views: 30

sbirnbaum

Occupation
Estimator
Yes, I agree with you. The disconnect should be provided by the Mechanical contractor. Make sure to qualify that the disconnect switch should be provided and mounted by others. and you are providing a single point electrical connection only.

cdslotz

Yes I agree, but I always cross reference the mechanical schedules and point that out if it conflicts with the specs.
Then you have the problem with switchgear takeoffs that just see a symbol on the riser diagrams showing a disconnect or starters that need to be removed from the bill of material

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Yes I agree, but I always cross reference the mechanical schedules and point that out if it conflicts with the specs.
Then you have the problem with switchgear takeoffs that just see a symbol on the riser diagrams showing a disconnect or starters that need to be removed from the bill of material
Absolutely. Happens a lot with the BOM. TY

Status
Not open for further replies.