Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Have some line side feeder taps coming in from utility that need to be demoed/removed. I assume utility company would have to shutdown/de-energize and this can’t be done live?? Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 0

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Technically those are not feeder taps if they're on the line side of the service disconnects, they're SEC's. I agree, if those are connected directly to ConEd you'll need a shutdown.

mstrlucky74

Technically those are not feeder taps if they're on the line side of the service disconnects, they're SEC's. I agree, if those are connected directly to ConEd you'll need a shutdown.

Ok got it. So regarding how they are connected is probably by drill and tap to bus bar or some other attachment to bus bar?

mstrlucky74

Yes, if these connections were part of the original design then the connection points could have been there from the beginning without the need for drilling bus.
No they actually want us to add bus... Just saw the note. So could the switchguy gear give us the bus detail with lugs?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
No they actually want us to add bus... Just saw the note. So could the switchguy gear give us the bus detail with lugs?

That's how we would do it. The switchboard company would come out and measure the bus and fabricate what's needed. I'm guessing that they use methods that do not violate the listing of the equipment.

mstrlucky74

That's how we would do it. The switchboard company would come out and measure the bus and fabricate what's needed. I'm guessing that they use methods that do not violate the listing of the equipment.
So I guess it would be three pieces of detail one for each phase?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
So I guess it would be three pieces of detail one for each phase?

If it's on the line side of the service disconnect(s) it would need to be 4 pieces of detail because each service disconnect would require a neutral unless it were a 3 phase, 3 wire system.

mstrlucky74

If it's on the line side of the service disconnect(s) it would need to be 4 pieces of detail because each service disconnect would require a neutral unless it were a 3 phase, 3 wire system.

3P4W..so the bus i jut bolted to the extg. bus bars?

Also whats a bit weird is the con ed incoming is feeding ss#1 which feeds part of the MS-A board( I got that) but SS#2 & #3 and the blue school panel. What is ss#2 doing...looks like feeding the other half of MS-A but then ss #3 is feeding blue school panel. Something just doesn't look right with SS#2 & SS #3 and the blue school panel feed each other and how they work together.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture 2.jpg
    Capture 2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
3P4W..so the bus i jut bolted to the extg. bus bars?

Also whats a bit weird is the con ed incoming is feeding ss#1 which feeds part of the MS-A board( I got that) but SS#2 & #3 and the blue school panel. What is ss#2 doing...looks like feeding the other half of MS-A but then ss #3 is feeding blue school panel. Something just doesn't look right with SS#2 & SS #3 and the blue school panel feed each other and how they work together.

I cannot read your attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.