Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

John120/240

Machinery's Handbook has all sorts of calcauations for round tanks and such. Eithier liquid

volume or dry products. Might try your local libary. My copy is loaned out or I would look it up.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Machinery's Handbook has all sorts of calcauations for round tanks and such. Eithier liquid

volume or dry products. Might try your local libary. My copy is loaned out or I would look it up.

I think the OP wants to measure the dynamic level, not the static volume.

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
They are pricey but they work well, I have used a few for liquid levels but never for solids. The company is pretty thorough about the application when ordering to ensure it will work. I seem to remember having to fill out a two or three page form last time I ordered one.

tish53

We have used many different sonar and laser non-contact level sensors with varying success. Over the last 2 years we have switched to a radar sensor ( see link below) from Ohmart Vega. The have been extremely reliable in our rock crusher applications where we have a real dust problem ( i would assume similar to a grain bin). These sensors are more expensive then some of the others mentioned but are performing great for us and easily worth the cost.

http://www.vega.com/en/Innovation_VEGAPULS_Type-overview.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.