District of Columbia Licensing Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg1707

Occupation
Business owner Electrical contractor
I am a Virginia Contractor. Does anyone have any experience obtaining a license in the District of Columbia?

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer
I am a Virginia Contractor. Does anyone have any experience obtaining a license in the District of Columbia?

There is no reciprocity for DC. You can submit your information through Pearson View and it will be go to the review board and license issued.

brian john

I have a DC license but I took the test back a long time ago I do a fair amount of business in DC, but others in my company do the renewal and pull permits so basically I am wasting bandwidth and time, THOUGH a large portion of my business is other EC's so if you need electrical service help in testing, maintenance and power quality.

I took DC's Master Electrician exam a few years ago. It was a lot harder than Virginia's Master Electrician exam and probably about the same difficulty as WV's Master Electrician exam.
While it may have changed in the decade since I took the exam, I thought VA's Master exam was easier than the J-man exam I took in WV.

Status
Not open for further replies.