Disturbing news

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Members, we are deviating from our normal rules for a just a moment here.

Dennis Alwon, one of our long term members, a very helpful and friendly one has been diagnosed with cancer. (myeloma -- a blood cancer)

Some of the moderators and I wanted to bring this to everyones attention. I am sure Dennis would appreciate a nice word or two, you could post it here or send him a PM.

I personally wish the best for Dennis, he has always struck me as 'one of the truly nice guys'.

Bob

ultramegabob

Dennis, my prayers are with you that your treatment goes well, these are amazing times we live in. Last year, my Mother in law and one of my friends wives were both going through treatment and both are healthy and fine now. Keep the faith, and do what your Doctor tells you! God Bless...

realolman

Dennis, my mother in law was diagnosed with the very same thing five - six years ago. She is doing fine with no trace of the disease today.

I too, believe you to be one of the very good guys, and one of the most knowledgable folks here. I will pray for you. Keep the faith.

And oh yeah... don't neglect your forum "duties."

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I thank you all know and for all other responses. I appreciate your thoughts and I feel good about beating this thing. Myeloma is one of the easier cancers to deal with but I know I have all those women at the dance studio waiting for me to get better.:D What more motivation do I need--- eeks my wife just gave me a dirty look when I showed her this..:)

Seriously, thanks again for all your thoughts. I will keep you update to some degree-- we'll have to see how the chemo affects me-- starts Tuesday..
Peace

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
Dennis, even though I've never personally met you, I consider you a friend and you can be assured that you are in my prayers. My Dad has fought skin and kidney cancer and at 86, he is still going strong. You will beat this. God Bless........

e57

Let us all remain optomistic, as Dennis mentioned he is going to be. While the level in a glass can be measured - it is still a glass, and there is stuff in it. ;)

The disease and the cure are both tough times. A friends daughter has beaten two types of cancer by age seven, a tough girl - more and more people beat all types - all the time - just stay strong.

480sparky

Dennis..... rest assured that everyone here is on your side and pulling for you. Let us know how things are going and don't be afraid to ask for whatever help we can give you.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Hey Dennis,

Pretty serious trouble call there! Prayers for you ands yours that you whip this, and keep us posted.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Dennis:

My prayers are with you and your family.

And Thanks Bob, for letting us diverge from the rules for a moment. I hope you'll let Dennis keep us updated.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.