Do you need two ground rods if you have ufer grounding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky9876

Hello,
i am currently starting a project and it’s coming out of the ground. The spec sheet shows i need to install an ufer ground. Do i need to install two ground rods as well as the ufer ground? And if so can the ground rods be encased with concrete?

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
Longer (or more frustrating) answer is trying to explain it to a poco rep who's job is to look for Grods.....~RJ~

david

Hello,
i am currently starting a project and it’s coming out of the ground. The spec sheet shows i need to install an ufer ground. Do i need to install two ground rods as well as the ufer ground? And if so can the ground rods be encased with concrete?

It depends on the utility company in your area of PA. Here the utility requires two ground rods in there regulations

The utility Co. regulations are available on line.

MAC702

...Here the utility requires two ground rods in there regulations...

They got bumper stickers on their trucks, too:

3c363d43c30b3f3b0af1d5ffd5edf7cc--pagan-quotes-mother-earth.jpg

JFletcher

Oh cool. I guess someone does make one.

I bet for that rigged one he posted a pic of, someone simply took a chisel bit, ground the head flat, and slipped on a piece of rubber hose to guide the whole thing - the hose clamp at the bottom wouldnt work if the part that went over the rod were steel.

Sorry. I grabbed a pic off the internet. That was the first one that popped up.

However, here's an SDS+ on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/SDS-Ground...115296&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=sds+plus+drivefr

Nice find. Will get one as using a SDS-MAX rotohammer can be a beast at times.

david

Ground rods support the steel workers. Please think of the steel workers.

um, when i was 11 years old my grandfather was killed at Youngstown Sheet and Tube , they eventually where taken by J & L, along with B&W and all the big steel producers shut down, we still use a lot of ground rods though. Talked to representatives for the power companies a few times, they have no plans on changing there regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.