Do you offer Saturday hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KVA

I read that a lot of guys don't work weekends and if they do it's an extra charge. I won't work on Sunday I need and think everyone needs a day of rest.

Lots of home owners don't like people in their homes unsupervised and ask for Saturday appts when they are home. The past 3 customers of mine all wanted me to come out on Saturday.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I read that a lot of guys don't work weekends and if they do it's an extra charge. I won't work on Sunday I need and think everyone needs a day of rest.

Lots of home owners don't like people in their homes unsupervised and ask for Saturday appts when they are home. The past 3 customers of mine all wanted me to come out on Saturday.

When I had a small shop that did service calls my week was Tues - Sat. My weekend time off was Sunday and Monday. It worked for me.

KVA

When I had a small shop that did service calls my week was Tues - Sat. My weekend time off was Sunday and Monday. It worked for me.

Same here. Most people don't want to deal with anything on a Monday because they are getting back to work themselves. So I just do paperwork, inventory and get supplies stuff like that on Mondays.

controlled

Most if our work in industrail service calls. We charge regular time for Monday til Friday between 7am and 4pm. Week nights and 4pm and Saturday is time and half, and Sundays and holidays are double time.

jumper

My philosophy as a HO, with a few exceptions, is that: If I cannot trust the person in my house alone: "Why did I trust him to work on my house?"

I dislike people who dog me as I work and watching someone I hired to do a job bores me, I can see the work when you are done.

kwired

Electron manager

I won't say I don't work on Sat or Sun, or even some holidays at times, but I may not work on Friday but then work on Sat sometimes. Or if really busy and something needs to meet a deadline some extra days or hours will be put in. I try to avoid this but it does happen. Now if someone wants me to come Sat just because that is their day at home .... they might need to be reminded it is my day at home too. Maybe I should demand they be at their work place and offer whatever service they provide for me on a weekend or holiday and see what they have to say about that. Seems fair doesn't it? I get tired of people that bug you on weekends or holidays for non emergencies because that is when they are home, and have the attitude that you do nothing but wait for them to call you.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
We do service calls on Saturday or Sunday or about any time for long term customers, if it needs to be done. We don't normally schedule it though.

I wish I would of thought about Sunday & Mondays off back when. Although I was hungry enough I did not quibble about when.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
The first company I worked for, Saturdays was a normal day. We worked six days a week. Now would you like to guess which day the cops showed up on the most.?

Places like Beverly Hills and Malibu and Pacific Palisades don't like you making a lot of noise on the weekends.:happysad:

KVA

The first company I worked for, Saturdays was a normal day. We worked six days a week. Now would you like to guess which day the cops showed up on the most.?

Places like Beverly Hills and Malibu and Pacific Palisades don't like you making a lot of noise on the weekends.:happysad:

Well out in never never land a lot of things are weird:lol: Where I'm at Saturday is another work day.

brian john

We work 365 days a year and 366 on leap year, we do try to work around 3 day weekends when possible, but that gets difficult. We have work scheduled, we worked Memorial Day Weekend and for Labor Day weekend we have a job scheduled all 3 days, non-stop (72 straight in shifts), but trying to hold open the 4th of July. Unfortunately we have worked Thanksgiving and Christmas, unscheduled by necessary due to the customer and the nature of the emergency.

We have a crew working evenings at present doing 4-10's.

We have different rates for each case Saturdays are 1-1/2, Sundays double time and Holidays triple and a half.

Last edited:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
We work 365 days a year and 366 on leap year, we do try to work around 3 day weekends when possible, but that gets difficult. We have work scheduled, we worked Memorial Day Weekend and for Labor Day weekend we have a job scheduled all 3 days, non-stop (72 straight in shifts), but trying to hold open the 4th of July. Unfortunately we have worked Thanksgiving and Christmas, unscheduled by necessary due to the customer and the nature of the emergency.

We have different rates for each case Saturdays are 1-1/2, Sundays double time and Holidays triple and a half.

Heck, give me a call and I'll come out and work holiday's for you. :roll:

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Only times I'll work Saturdays are when 1. I'm covered up and have to work at least 6 days or 2. I need the work, less competion if other electricians are refusing to work Saturdays.

So far I've been working Saturdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.