Does the NFPA 99 or NEC require dedicated conduit homeruns for receptacles in operating rooms?

wedge2020

Occupation
EE
I'm looking for clarification on whether NFPA 99 or NEC mandates that receptacle circuits in operating rooms must have dedicated conduit homeruns, or if they can share conduits with other circuits. Any insights on compliance requirements would be appreciated.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Are these Isolation System receptacles?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The NEC nor NFPA 99 mandates they be in separate conduits but when it comes time to commission the rooms the leakage and capacitance could be an issue. I always kept them in separate raceways unless the runs were short (under 20'). Note that ISO power systems are not mandated in NFPA 99 nor NFPA 70

garbo

At the large hospital that I retired from every OR had two dedicated LIM panels to supply all of the OR receptacles. The steel conduit only contained type XHHW wires that only feed OR receptacles. LIM panels were mounted just outside of the over 25 OR'S. this was a rich hospital that over killed almost everything. The last five or six OR'S they remodeled had over 50 hospital grade duplex receptacles in each OR.