Does this product even exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankft2000

I've got a customer that wants bulb heaters for a bathroom that have blowers that blow the heat from the lamp down from the ceiling. He says he had them in another house made by Brawn / Nutone. I think he had a exhaust fan/ bulb heater and just thinks it blows. I can't find a bulb heater with blower on Nutones website. Anybody seen such a animal, and if so, where to get them? Thanks

peter d

The last time I was at the big orange box otherwise known as Home Depot I saw them....so surely supply houses must carry them too. Although the heat-lamp type of fan unit has really fallen out of favor. Actually, I can't say I've ever seen one installed in a home built before the early-mid 1980's around here.

The vast majority of supplemental heat used in a bathroom here is the wall mounted fan forced heater or the Nutone-Broan or Panasonic fan-light-heat units.

And no, they don't blow the heat down off the bulb, they use the infrared R-40 lamps.

480sparky

I've never seen one that uses a bulb to create the heat that also has a fan to direct the heat downward.

I've only seen ones with a 'toaster element'-type heating coil backed by a small fan.

Maybe the one he saw had a blocked or crushed (or non-existant) duct, and the exhaust fan could only throw the air back down.

electricmanscott

I just replaced a nutone heat lamp unit. The old one had a little fan that blew the eat from the lamps out. The new oone did not have the fan. The model number was the same.

JohnJ0906

electricmanscott said:
I just replaced a nutone heat lamp unit. The old one had a little fan that blew the eat from the lamps out. The new oone did not have the fan. The model number was the same.

I know I have seen, and installed, bulb heaters with a "blow down " fan. Been a while though, and I can't recall the brand.

frankft2000

JohnJ0906 said:
I know I have seen, and installed, bulb heaters with a "blow down " fan. Been a while though, and I can't recall the brand.

So I guess somebody makes them, but I still need to find them. The guy wants 4 of them.

mdshunk

Every NuTone 2 lamp heat lamp I've ever installed had the little fan inside. The most recent one that I have installed was about 1-1/2 to 2 years ago, and it featured that fan.

JohnJ0906

mdshunk said:
Every NuTone 2 lamp heat lamp I've ever installed had the little fan inside. The most recent one that I have installed was about 1-1/2 to 2 years ago, and it featured that fan.

I'll bet that was the one I recall installing.
My previous employer liked NuTone.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i installed two similar items last week; they weren't bulb heaters. It was a light/fan/heater combo that used a heat coil w/ a fan. I think it was a broan 655; i'm not positive on the model number but 655 sticks out in my mind.

--------------------

edit; yeh it was a broan 655 < follow the link.

peter d

mdshunk said:

I believe the fans are to keep the housing from overheating. (2 250 watt lamps in one enclosure can do some real cooking.)

At any rate, I don't think the infrared waves need any assistance from a fan to do their job. ;)

electricmanscott

brantmacga said:
i installed two similar items last week; they weren't bulb heaters. It was a light/fan/heater combo that used a heat coil w/ a fan. I think it was a broan 655; i'm not positive on the model number but 655 sticks out in my mind.

--------------------

edit; yeh it was a broan 655 < follow the link.

Not even close to the same animal. Much more involved installation wise over the heat lamp type.

Status
Not open for further replies.