Doulble lug main breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonype

Cutler Hammer -200 amp main Type-CC ca. 1987.

Double-lugged with 2 different wire gauge sizes.

I cannot find info on this... is this allowed?

Attachments

• DSCF9042.jpg
    DSCF9042.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 0

jumper

Nope. Look at the sticker on the breaker, it does not list any combinations of wires, only a range for one.

I doubt the neutral and ground lugs are listed for two wires either, if they were, they will be stamped or marked.

tonype

Nope. Look at the sticker on the breaker, it does not list any combinations of wires, only a range for one.

I doubt the neutral and ground lugs are listed for two wires either, if they were, they will be stamped or marked.

Is this under the "LUGS CU-AL" portion?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I agree too. Write it up along with the neutrals and GEC's to the left in the photo.

kwired

Electron manager
Is this under the "LUGS CU-AL" portion?
What it is saying below that is that the lugs are rated for 2/0 to 250 conductors, aluminum or copper.

If it were rated for more then one conductor per lug it would look more like "(2) 2/0 - 250" or something very similar.

You usually don't start to run into lugs rated for multiple conductors in same hole until you reach the 400 amp level.

Also I don't see it as "double lugged" but rather as single lugs with multiple conductors in them - and in this case not rated for multiple conductors.

Add:
Sorry, it says up to 300 not 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.