DSSC 6V at .035A

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantinfo6

Occupation
Exotic animal breeder
charge-separation achievement. Charge-separation has been achieved. During my experimentation, I was able to generate 6V at .035 Amps for a single test sized DSSC using an external Bias of 210mV..... This could mean an industrial revolution in solar. If this was a who done it...... The success came after ~2 hours of testing - I applied the Bias in the right place with the right voltage/amps=P to generate an electric field to enhance charge separation by pushing the electrons up and attracting the holes downwards, is my guess as to how it is working. There is an essential parallel connection I can freely share, without giving my technique away. The net effect - greater P or Power generation. With a single cell including the bias, a small digital red display lights up, with the bias alone it does not. There are a significant amount of electrons being conducted from the dye/TiO2 layer. This could work with crystal cells, but a specific design and testing would be needed. I went after charge-separation and it took me ~2 hours to find it. An electric field was the way, before this I tried TiO2 mixed with a little BaTiO3 - Barium Titanate for it's high dielectric constant... It might be needed for the higher voltage production, might not. The main technique was to use an electric field, really the only way, for charge-separation today. A material with a high dielectric constant may help with charge separation, but an electric field probably has the greatest effects. The estimated voltage for the tech, is anywhere from 3V to 40V, all within a range of estimations/numbers. I'm unsure about Amps, at least .035Amps/cell is estimated as a higher voltage doesn't usually mean less amps, more likely this would mean higher amps. So, I can generate up to 2kW realistically, with a 105 watt Bias, in the space of a 100watt panel. So over a kW worth of usable energy with a price of 105 watts(for the bias).

for those interested in the basic workings of a DSSC: Dye sensitized solar cells or Gratzel solar cells, named after the Inventor, use a dye - a flat molecule that usually has Pi electrons or electrons loosely held between atomic bonds N-C for example...... They are know as aromatic(alternating single and double bonded atoms) planar complexes, if the center has a metal it is called a coordination complex... When light or incident light as it is known, hit's a pi electron with enough energy - the light energy, it can knock an electron off the dye molecule creating an electron and a vacancy of an electron known as an electron-hole pair. The electron and hole are connected together with a force,.. electrostatic. When the electron and hole are far enough from one another, the atom where the electron was knocked off from moves the electron from what is called a valence band, to the conductions band. When the electron is on the conduction band, it can be used as electricity..... Sometimes the electrons and holes recombine, not wanted. An enhancement weather more electron ejection or electron ejection at a faster rate/~current is wanted. More electron ejection will mean a higher voltage and most likely greater current or amps. Electrons move up to the anode, holes or vacancies move down towards the counter electrode. There's more..... Some electrons ejected move through the tio2 layer towards the counter electrode, most move sideways then up to the + Anode/electrode. at the interface between the tio2 and the counter electrode, there is an electrolyte. The electrolyte has something called a redox pair where it iodide/triiodide, will accept and lose electrons regenerating itself - the, if you can imagine, tio2 layer is on the left and counter electrode on the right,... or bottom (opposite the counter electrode is the + Anode, where electrons come out.) So, as the electrons move through the tio2 layer towards the counter electrode, some of them, I3- ions collect an electron from the tio2/electrolyte interface on the left forming I-, which moves right or down, towards the counter electrode, Then the I- deposits an electron to the counter electrode becoming I3- again and moves towards the left to start the cycle over again. Some electrons from the counter electrode also supply electrons to the redox couple - iodide/triiodide. Externally the circuit or flow of electricity is from the top + anode to the bottom Cathode or counter electrode. Internally the electrons mostly move from the center/near top or dye/Tio2 layer up, and the holes or electron vacancies move towards the counter electrode on the bottom, the layer light doesn't pass through - light passes through the top or + Anode side where the electrons move to. So, I've used an electric field to enhance this separation of holes and electrons which creates or means more power generation as in watts. I could be wrong somewhere, I wouldn't base a thesis on it. Generally electrons move up and holes down beginning near the ~center, internally, and externally the circuit moves from the top, to the bottom. And holes are neutralized or accumulate at the counter electrode.

Status
Not open for further replies.