Duct within structural joist

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I know I had precious post about the duct above panelboard however it got closed before i can post pictures

Please see below duct within structure joist. The bottom of structure joist will have ceiling attached (not shown because not their het) so that their is no suspended ceiling.

See the gap in between like doorway that going to have panelboard right under the ceiling.

Would the panelboard install be non compliant to NEC 2017 section 110.26(E)(1)(a) or does the panelboard need to be relocated?

a77d7131a6edca94d2556e8da85a79cf.jpg

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
In my opinion, the drywall ceiling will define the top of the space, so the duct will not impose.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
In my opinion, the drywall ceiling will define the top of the space.

I dont understand? Would dedicated space go up to ceiling your saying and panelboard does not need relocation or your saying panelboard has to be relocated duct would be within dedicated space?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I dont understand? Would dedicated space go up to ceiling your saying and panelboard does not need relocation or your saying panelboard has to be relocated duct would be within dedicated space?
The former. Compliant as is.

I'm discussing code, not practicality.

Bogdan-PDX

Occupation
Electrician
Agree with above post, no need to move the panel.
You will have difficulty wiring it, but I don’t see an issue why you won’t install a panel there if you wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.