Dwelling calculation for mini split with wall heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhovee

I am trying to put together a calculation for a dwelling unit that has both (2) mini split heads and 5 wall heaters.

Outdoor unit is 3800va

Total load for all heaters is 5400 watts

Since mini splits can heat and cool i am not sure how to calculate the heat load..

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I am trying to put together a calculation for a dwelling unit that has both (2) mini split heads and 5 wall heaters.

Let's get this clarified before it goes off track somewhere. It will have (2) mini split outdoor units with 5 indoor units.

OR

(2) mini split outdoor units with (2) indoor units and 5 separate electric wall heaters. Do the mini-splits heat and cool or just cool?

Which is it?

-Hal

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
You need to calculate them both unless there is something that will prevent the mini's from turning on when the wall heaters are on. or vice versa.

what is the existing service amps?

what is the cold design temp for the location the home is in?

rhovee

They are each 1,356 SQ feet duplexs. 125 amp Service for each. There is (1) outdoor unit for (2) mini split heads. And 5,900VA for wall heat. Outdoor unit is 3,800VA. I did the optional calculation with a buffer for a 40 amp car charger. Came out to 103 amps. (2) pack meter packs have a rating of 200 amps and can take 125 amp (2) pole 125 breakers each. Looks like i will just pull 250MCM W/ 2/0 Nuetral in a 2" pvc and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.