Dwelling unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have plans with panelboard that says from panelboard branch circuit wiring are going to be bare copper.

Is bare copper acceptable wiring methods in dwelling unit? I thought conductors had to have some sort of covering

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hmmm. I thought they be unsafe electric current flowing in bare copper and bare neutral who know what they touch??
Yes, that was the case in the old days but now OSHA doesn't want people touching wires so that allows the electrical installations without insulated conductors.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Did you ask them how they plan to deal with the requirement that grounded conductors be white or gray, when you can't reidentify conductors smaller than #6, or these in cables?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have plans with panelboard that says from panelboard branch circuit wiring are going to be bare copper.

Is bare copper acceptable wiring methods in dwelling unit? I thought conductors had to have some sort of covering
Perhaps they meant individual conductors (in conduit) as opposed to cables.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I don't think our backward architects have caught on to that new method. Can you possibly post a picture of that wording from your plans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.