ECM Motor

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Given the state of GE in the last few years, I’d venture to say parts may be unobtanium.

In an ECM, the controls and motor are integral in terms of design, so unless you can find the EXACT electronics, replacing the whole thing may be in play here.

garbo

Given the state of GE in the last few years, I’d venture to say parts may be unobtanium.

In an ECM, the controls and motor are integral in terms of design, so unless you can find the EXACT electronics, replacing the whole thing may be in play here.

I always had difficulty securing GE parts. We had a million dollar 6 Year old 13.2KV dual service GE switchgear with automatically tie breaker ( that seldom worked ) . GE tech said we needed an undervoltage relay. Took one year to get it from the huge GE factory at the other end of our city. Old relay was obsolete so it took brilliant GE engineers a year to come up a wiring diagram .Think it only had 5 wires, 2 to the coil, 1 for common etc. Another time I needed to replace odd shaped lugs on six 100 HP GE starters.First they told me that I had to purchase new starters so said OK will purchase 6 Allen Bradley quality starters. Then they gave me an outrageous price. Had a machine shop mill sides of copper over the counter lugs and used them. Original lugs on GE junk starters were only 5 years old. When the plant closed down 15 years later the copper lugs that installed still were in great shape and ran at least 6 degrees cooler then original GE lugs when I did yearly IR scans.