EE Board Exam II

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcd

People can I have some advise in taking Electrical Engineering Board Exam particularly on topic such as Transmission Line, Transformers and Circuits?
God Bless 2 All!

ron

Re: EE Board Exam II

What board exam do you refer? Do you mean the second part of the PE (principles and practice)? Lots of great review books at the book store. Also the testing company has old exams to use as a reference.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

abcd: This is your second question on a similar topic, and I still do not understand what information you are hoping to find. If I don?t understand the question, any answer I might give would be meaningless, or worse.

You are registered from ?outside the USA,? so it is understandable that you would use words and phrases in a different manner than I am accustomed to seeing. So to illustrate the source of my confusion, (1) No examination designed for electricians would include the word ?engineer? in its title, and (2) The National Council of Examineers for Engineering and Surveying? (NCEES) offers neither a ?Licensure Exam for Registered Electrical Engineer? nor an ?Electrical Engineering Board Exam.?

To help me understand your question, let me start by asking three questions of my own. (1) Are you a degreed ?Electrical Engineer,? as defined in your home country? (2) Are you a ?Licensed Electrician,? as defined in your home country? (3) What test have you twice taken unsuccessfully, and where did you take that test?

abcd

Sir Charlie B.
Im a BS Electrical Engineering graduate and a lisenced Master Electrician.I failed the past two board exam for Electrical Engineer.I took my Exam here in Manila.Regarless of what kind of exam,Sir just give me a tip on how to memorized Electrical Engineering formulas Effectively and Solving Transformer and AC-DC Machines Technical problem Solving.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

When I took my PE exam, I prepared by taking practice exams. I found a book that included two complete exams from previous years, along with solutions to all problems. I spent my free evenings and weekends over a three month period, going through each of the problems. For the topics that were my weakest areas, I did more than attempting to solve the problems or reviewing the book?s solution. I found a reference book that covered the topic, and made sure I knew where to look in that reference to find the formulas and concepts needed to solve that type of problem. In those days, we were allowed to bring in any eight reference books we wanted, and this process helped me to select the eight. Furthermore, this process helped me become familiar with the types of questions likely to be on the test, and to prepare specifically for each type of question.

The bottom line is that I agree with Dereck: Gain experience in taking the test by repetitive practice. If the outcome is important to you, then achieving that outcome is worth putting in all your spare time and all the effort you can give.

A famous US football coach was frequently quoted as having said, ?Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.? Good luck.

scott thompson

I fully agree with Derek and Charlie on their replies!!!

Purchase a few of the FE + PE review / reference manuals and study the heck out of them!
Get specific manuals for areas where you need detailed lessons.
Take a few of the 'Sample Exams" found within many of the popular FE + PE review / reference manuals - be sure to get both "versions" - General topics, plus the discipline specific review manuals. These come in both flavors (EIT and PE)

If you have recently graduated with BSEE, you may have a better time remembering formulas and such. If it's been awhile (over 2 years) or if your Calculus (Differential and Integral) + Algebra, Trig and/or Geometry are lacking, get some refresher books in these areas also!

When you are ready to jump in, contact the Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (thru Dept. of Consumer Affairs) to verify qualification to take exam.
If all is OK, they will send you the application + supplied reference handbook.

Fill out application, include 3x5 postcard for exam date notification, and most importantly - include the exam fees! Send via US mail, wait awhile, receive exam notification card, drive to exam location, take exam, drive home! ;)

Your message mentions failing the exam twice in the past. :eek:
Be sure to fully study those sections before taking exam again - not sure about your State, but you might not be able to test again for quite some time if you fail the third time!

P.S. have you already taken and passed the EIT exams (both the morning and afternoon ones)? If no, then don't bother applying for PE exam until the EIT exam has been taken and passed - and you have accumulated the required intern time experience!

Good luck!
Scott35

Status
Not open for further replies.