Electical Engineering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe

Are there any blueprint people out there who take in account of multi-wire derte ,when they designate their circuit numbers?A-phase on east side,B and some of C on the west.Ha ha just venting

peter d

Re: Electical Engineering?

Originally posted by ron:
I take care of your concern by not permitting any multi wire branch circuits.
Please explain why you forbid a very efficient branch circuit that conserves labor and natural resources.

iwire

Staff member

As long as the specifications allow multiwire branch circuits I just reassign the circuit numbers to my liking. :D

Then these changes are reflected on the as builts (I mean record drawings ;) )

Sorry to the engineers but this is standard practice around here and many of the prints I receive have a note that says I may change the circuit numbers as necessary. :cool:

[ March 23, 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: iwire ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

I must also ask, Ron, why do you not allow MWBC's are you one of those EE"s with no respect for conservation?

Roger

ron

I have come to the realization, multi wire or not, no EC follows my panel schedules anyway :) , unless I have delineated them a certain way for redundancy.
Unless these are general lighting circuits, I don't permit multi wire branch circuits due to the unknown future of power distribution and flexibility for other distribution options for equipment or receptacle branch circuits. I realize that I walk on shaky ground here, but the clients I work with like it that way.

Roger, unfortunately I don't think about conservation too much. Most locations I design, run between 30 and the designed 100 watts/ square foot with multiple redundant distribution paths and transformers.

[ March 23, 2005, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: ron ]

steve66

Occupation
Engineer

I have come to the realization, multi wire or not, no EC follows my panel schedules anyway
I've noticed it often starts with the panelboard manufacturer. They don't put the breakers in the panel where I show them. So unless the EC wants to take out all the breakers just to rearrange them....

Steve

physis

Ron, I'm amazed to see that you've come away from that post with barely even any incidental damage. I thought I was gonna have to cover my eyes. :D

wannabe

I too re configure my panel schedules.I was just letting off a little steam.Thank you for your responses!

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Sam and Ron, it is simply a time for "kinder and gentler" forum.

Don't worry though,it won't last long :D

Roger

physis

A place where we can all agree, be supportive of one another, resolve our differences with an open mind and in the spirit of fairness and acceptance. A place where we can put the needs of others before our own.

Yeah, this wont last long. :D

jimwalker

"I've noticed it often starts with the panelboard manufacturer. They don't put the breakers in the panel where I show them. So unless the EC wants to take out all the breakers just to rearrange them...."

We re arange them and bill the panel company.Spent almost an hour last week because they had every breaker wrong.Either we fix panel or the as built.We will change schedule if we meet a problem like 2 circuits on same phase sharing neutral,but try to follow the print as far as we can.

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by physis:
Ron, I'm amazed to see that you've come away from that post with barely even any incidental damage. I thought I was gonna have to cover my eyes. :D
I will tell you why I did not hammer Ron on this as I have so many times in the past with others. :D

Bob

[ March 26, 2005, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: iwire ]

physis

Yeah, I'm getting a little concerned Bob, that's twice in a week now.

peter d

Originally posted by iwire:
I just had to let Sam, Roger and Peter know I have not had a complete turnaround on my use of multiwire branch circuits. :D
That's good to know. I thought you may have crossed over to "the other side." :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.