electric baseboard scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Electric baseboard is the electricians work and would typically be under an electrical permit for the job.

kwired

Electron manager
If this is about union issues, then I guess maybe the HVAC guys need to mount them but the electricians still need to wire them.

No different than installing a furnace but electrician still needs to power it.

kwired

Electron manager
“Adding new, or altering existing wiring” requires an electrical license in my state (North Dakota)
And if this is about union trades and their tasks/responsibilities this is a heating unit. Granted there is no real task involved that isn't general to installing a wide variety of things when it comes to attaching it to a wall. Connecting supply wiring to it is still the electrician's task.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
If this is about union issues, then I guess maybe the HVAC guys need to mount them but the electricians still need to wire them.

No different than installing a furnace but electrician still needs to power it.
Even on union jobs, the work of installing electric baseboard heaters belongs to the electricians.

kwired

Electron manager
Even on union jobs, the work of installing electric baseboard heaters belongs to the electricians.
I agree it should be, it is just that it is heating equipment and probably could be by either.

I've had tile guys put electric heat in the floor but I connect it. I am completely fine with that, it becomes his warranty and not mine if something under the tile fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.