Electrical calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ,

I would like to know how we can convert from polar to rectangular form. Now say i have injected R -10 V ,Y - 20 V and B - 30 V . so how do i know what would be the exact calculated value of voltage between R and Y ,Y and B ,R and B. please could u explain in steps if I am going to use a scientific calculator.
Thanking you in advance.

BJ Conner

Hello ,

I would like to know how we can convert from polar to rectangular form. Now say i have injected R -10 V ,Y - 20 V and B - 30 V . so how do i know what would be the exact calculated value of voltage between R and Y ,Y and B ,R and B. please could u explain in steps if I am going to use a scientific calculator.
Thanking you in advance.
Carefully read the instructions that came with your calculator. The Polar to rectangular conversion has been in most of them since the HP-45 ( cira 1970s). IF it's not in yours get another one or IT's still not to late to email Santa. :)

iceworm

Curmudgeon still using printed IEEE Color Books
Occupation
EE (Field - as little design as possible)
I would like to know how we can convert from polar to rectangular form. Now say i have injected R -10 V ,Y - 20 V and B - 30 V . so how do i know what would be the exact calculated value of voltage between R and Y ,Y and B ,R and B. .

I'm not familiar with your conventions. Is this what you are trying to do?

ice

rattus

First things first:

First things first:

Hello ,

Thanking you in advance.

Need more info. What is the phase angle of each of these voltages?

In general tho, the conversion is:

V @ angle phi = V(cos(phi) + jsin(phi))

Do this for all three voltages, then subtract one voltage (in rectangular form) from another to get the difference.

Sorry as i didn't mention the phase angle, say it is 0 degree for the R phase and 240 for y - Phase and 120 degree for B- phase. so then how does the calculation been done

iceworm

Curmudgeon still using printed IEEE Color Books
Occupation
EE (Field - as little design as possible)
It is just basic trigonimerty. You really need to learn this. If fact I would be very surprised if it was not part of your engineering ciriculum.

I attached a start. I can't help you with specific calculator key strokes.

ice

Status
Not open for further replies.