Electrical Design Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6SJK

Just as an FYI for those following along... Alaska requires the PE to work for the SAME company and in the same office as the office preparing the plans.

Bob NH

Rollbar said:
The engineers that I might be working with are swamped & if I did start this up it would be @ their office. How many of you design your layouts & give it to an engineer to check/approve to see if it is feasible or not. How many of you do a one line & say put it in the plans, we need it here or the customer want to add this & the engineer say's draw it up for me so I can check it & then I will add it to the set. Humm, don't be so hard one someone for asking a question because he was asked to preform a service or task for some one who might know better. I really don't think that one of these firms would go out on a limb for little ole me unless the "T"'s & "I"s were dotted. Finalization is not complete on this project, heck it might not even work once we get into it.
The issue is who is driving the train. Who is running the job and who is responsible for translating customer needs into requirements and a design? What is the company name going on the title block? Who is the customer counting on to get the job done?

If the engineering firm with the PE is contracting with the customer, and the engineering firm is hiring or contracting with you to translate the requirements into a design and is really supervising you, checking the work, and is fully responsible for the job including errors and omissions, and it is their company name on the title block, then you will not have a problem doing CAD work for the job.

On the other hand, if you are working for and getting paid by a contractor with a design-build contract, or some developer is hiring you to save a few bucks by not hiring an engineering firm, and you get a PE to sign and stamp the plans, then you, the contractor, and the engineer are violating the law.

Rollbar

Well Bob NH, I am not going to put myself into any legal situations, I'm just trying to make some extra money & help someone @ the same time. I am grateful however @ the concern for me/partners situation & making sure things are in order. I don't want to be lead down the wrong path by helping a friend out etc. If you know what I mean.

Thanks,
Rollbar

QES

autocad 2006 electrical

autocad 2006 electrical

iam using autocad 2006 electrical right now. Pretty good software. I can do both site and electrical drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.