Electrical Estimating Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtaylor

First, I would like to apologize if I'm bringing up an old subject or asking something that isn't directly related to this topic section.

I have been trying to find reviews on electrical estimating software and so far I have only been able to find the ones that are located on the developers website. If any of you have had a good or bad experiences with estimating software please let me know about it. I am looking to speed up my bid time and be able to organize different phases by profit, overhead, time and cost. I also want to be able to get updates on prices/material and the software itself. The most I am wanting to spend for my first estimating program is up to $1,500.00.

Thank you!

tryinghard

Accubid Pro is good for small to large projects (5K-10M), you'll need EPIC (Vision Infosoft) for the material pricing & updating. I'm not fresh on prices but I think your budget is too tight for these. Go to Accubid & EPIC to get quotes.
Also for residential you may try a demo TurboBid & Mike Holt Newsletter it gets good reviews
, I gets good reviews

Last edited:

robwire

I use Turbo Bid

I use Turbo Bid

I use Turbo bid and I can't say enough good things about it. Once you get it set up right its definetly the best residential estimating program money can buy. Its reasonably priced and the support you get once you buy it can't be beat. I bought it about a year ago and I think it was one of the best bussiness investments I have made

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i have used the turbobid demo; it seems like a very nice program. i got an e-mail saying they added another 1500 or so assemblies to the stock list. at this time i'm still using my excel sheet because i'm not doing much w/ new construction.

cadishead

Estimating

Estimating

I use Craftsman Electrical from Craftsman book Company. I believe the new program for 2008 would be about $60. It works just fine. I use excel spreadsheets for residential takeoff. You can find ready made ones sometimes free on the internet send me a private message and I will research it for you. I am semi retired and have the time.

Good Luck

cadishead

Status
Not open for further replies.