electrical hazard testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard those commercials also. It sounds like a good deal for Greiner, nice twist on the safety aspect.

As far as the CurrentSafe program itself, I can't say I was impressed by the website. It definately seems like a program where they set up the parameters, brand it and leave it to the local EC to market. I have a hard time thinking that there could be 2 "CurrentSafe" EC's in the same market. I guess if you could find a twist on their scheme. Good for them for coming up with a different marketing angle.

I guess the technology has been used for awhile in the commercial and industrial markets, why not resi?

kwired

Electron manager
The best protection from electrical hazards is to have your utility disconnect your service:grin:

Accidents still happen even in code compliant installations.

Users not understanding some hazards are the reason for requiring items like GFCI, AFCI, and they help minimize the hazards, but all mechanical as well as solid state devices can and at some time will eventually fail to do what they were intended to do, and there is no device(s) that can protect from everything that can possibly go wrong.

hurk27

we don't need dumb people living in a padded cell, we need smarter people with some common sense.

why are people so not safety minded? because of all the so called safety devices, cars and everything out there, they think they don't need to watch out any more, as big brother will make their world safe for them.

kwired

Electron manager
we don't need dumb people living in a padded cell, we need smarter people with some common sense.

why are people so not safety minded? because of all the so called safety devices, cars and everything out there, they think they don't need to watch out any more, as big brother will make their world safe for them.

And then many are still injured or killed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.