electrical plans examiner florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Shorts

Here is a breakdown of the test and a link to the candidate information booklet. I took it last January. It is a pretty easy test. Good luck.

http://www.iccsafe.org/Accreditation/Pages/safety.aspx

E3 Electrical Plans Examiner
70 multiple-choice questions
Exam fee: $180 (P&P); $180 (CBT)
Open book?3-1/2-hour time limit
2009 International Building Code?, chapters 7 & 10
2008 National Electrical Code
Content Area % of Total References
General Administration 2%
Services 24%
Branch Circuit and Feeder Requirements 19%
Wiring Methods and Distribution Systems 11%
Equipment for General use 15%
Special Occupancies 16%
Special Equipment 7%
Special Systems 6%
Total 100%

boatfull

Here is a breakdown of the test and a link to the candidate information booklet. I took it last January. It is a pretty easy test. Good luck.

http://www.iccsafe.org/Accreditation/Pages/safety.aspx

E3 Electrical Plans Examiner
70 multiple-choice questions
Exam fee: $180 (P&P); $180 (CBT)
Open book?3-1/2-hour time limit
2009 International Building Code?, chapters 7 & 10
2008 National Electrical Code
Content Area % of Total References
General Administration 2%
Services 24%
Branch Circuit and Feeder Requirements 19%
Wiring Methods and Distribution Systems 11%
Equipment for General use 15%
Special Occupancies 16%
Special Equipment 7%
Special Systems 6%
Total 100%

thanks for the input just was wondering what other books they let you bring beside the nec ibc

bphgravity

You are permitted to bring in ANY published reference of your choice, but anything more than the listed references on the candidate bulletin are uncessary. In fact, it will probably be detrimental to your success.

Questions from the IBC Chapter 7 will relate to membrane and through penetrations in rated assemblies. Chapter 10 questions will relate to means of egree lighting, EM lighting, and exit signage. The entire NEC (all 9 Chapters) will be referenced on the exam.

Cavie

Hang on for a minute. One the members is a plan examiner there. I gotta remember his name.

Cavie is his name. If he does not see this, You can try and PM him.

No plans examiner here. I was about to sign up for it when the bottom fell out in 2008.:mad: Lots of other Certs. Moved on to Street Lights and Traffic Signals. At 59 you have to adapt with the times and go with the flow. Your taxes are providing me with a job.:roll: It's almost like haveing a government job.:)

boatfull

No plans examiner here. I was about to sign up for it when the bottom fell out in 2008.:mad: Lots of other Certs. Moved on to Street Lights and Traffic Signals. At 59 you have to adapt with the times and go with the flow. Your taxes are providing me with a job.:roll: It's almost like haveing a government job.:)

thanks for the info. going to take it in a few weeks. working as a inspector. never know when the oppertunity may arrise or to move on to another city.

Jim Shorts

This is not true at all for any ICC exam. The ONLY books allowed on this exam are the NEC and the IBC. Here is an excerpt from the candidate information bulletin.

2. Reference(s) as listed in this Examination Information Bulletin for the applicable exam—no other
reference material will be allowed into the testing center.
References must be bound (original
bound book, three-ring binder, or stapled); notes written in ink or highlighted in the code sections
(not in blank pages) are allowed. Permanently attached tabs (tabs that cannot be removed without
destroying the page) are allowed. No pencil notes are allowed within the references, unless they
are highlighted prior to arrival at the test center. Photocopies of copyrighted materials are not
allowed.

You are permitted to bring in ANY published reference of your choice, but anything more than the listed references on the candidate bulletin are uncessary. In fact, it will probably be detrimental to your success.

Questions from the IBC Chapter 7 will relate to membrane and through penetrations in rated assemblies. Chapter 10 questions will relate to means of egree lighting, EM lighting, and exit signage. The entire NEC (all 9 Chapters) will be referenced on the exam.

boatfull

thank you for the info on the IBC

boatfull

This is not true at all for any ICC exam. The ONLY books allowed on this exam are the NEC and the IBC. Here is an excerpt from the candidate information bulletin.

2. Reference(s) as listed in this Examination Information Bulletin for the applicable exam?no other
reference material will be allowed into the testing center.
References must be bound (original
bound book, three-ring binder, or stapled); notes written in ink or highlighted in the code sections
(not in blank pages) are allowed. Permanently attached tabs (tabs that cannot be removed without
destroying the page) are allowed. No pencil notes are allowed within the references, unless they
are highlighted prior to arrival at the test center. Photocopies of copyrighted materials are not
allowed.

as you say this is not always true. i brought in different books for the inspectors exam that were not on the list and they had no problem

bphgravity

Good Job!

I am going for Mechanical Plans Examiner this Saturday. After that, I will only be about three certifications short of Master Code Professional...

Status
Not open for further replies.