Electrical room

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have Panel A in tenant space fed from electrical room outside tenant space in corridor of same floor of the building.

Panel A feeds tenant power however tenant light is fed from Panel B in electrical room.

The tenant would have key to the electrical room since branch circuits need to be accessible by the tenant but is their a code section that says electrical room is accessible to qualified personnel only? I would imagine tenant is not a quailified person.

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
Not aware of any code requirement preventing anyone from entering an electrical room, but other tenants and the building owner should be concerned that another tenant could be in there flipping breakers that affect other businesses or house operations. Can the lighting just be re-fed from Panel A?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
. . . tenant light is fed from Panel B in electrical room.
I am guessing that this is an existing situation, not one that you are designing from ground up. My question is whether the circuit that feeds this tenant's lights also feeds lights in another tenant space. That would greatly complicate matters. But to answer your question, . . . , well, I don't need to answer your question. Kansas Mountain already gave the answer I would have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.