electrician

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to write a safety procedure on the proper way to reset tripped breakers or blown fuses.I was hoping maybe someone might have a safety procedure in place that they would like to share. thanks Joe

iwire

Staff member
OSHA

1910.334(b)(2) "Reclosing circuits after protective device operation." After a circuit is deenergized by a circuit protective device, the circuit protective device, the circuit may not be manually reenergized until it has been determined that the equipment and circuit can be safely energized. The repetitive manual reclosing of circuit breakers or reenergizing circuits through replaced fuses is prohibited.

Note: When it can be determined from the design of the circuit and the overcurrent devices involved that the automatic operation of a device was caused by an overload rather than a fault condition, no examination of the circuit or connected equipment is needed before the circuit is reenergized.

You should also check out this page

Why get a chickensandwich. Lets just go get some kite string and tie it on and go about 60 feet around a corner. I have seen this do before, well I only saw him tie the string to the CB (it was a main on a 480 bolt in I think). I came back about 45 minutes latter after eating my chicken sandwich. This was a matinees worker on a production floor with people working with in 10 feet of the panel.

I was hanging 1.5? PVC 40 feet in the air for a few fiber runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.