Electricity Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lights in my house were going dim and then very bright. My Tv, lights are restart automatically. The electrician said there is no fault with the power coming in and could be a fault with the natural somewhere. Has this ever happened to anyone else? If yes than what plz tell me what to do now.

Many Thanks
Mark

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
How did the electrician determine the power coming in was good, did he apply loads as he was checking things?

You may need to contact the utility company and have them check everything to the meter.

BTW, we can not suggest DIY solutions, you will need to have electricians or the power company find and fix the problem.

Roger

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
How did the electrician determine the power coming in was good, did he apply loads as he was checking things?

You may need to contact the utility company and have them check everything to the meter.

BTW, we can not suggest DIY solutions, you will need to have electricians or the power company find and fix the problem.

Roger
And do it soon. If you have a floating neutral (not "natural") in your home, then your appliances can be damaged or destroyed by it and it may be a fire hazard.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent

Roger

My first thought is that the Utility Company is "the electrician" who determined the power coming in was good. Original poster, if this is so, then get a service electrician in to check your internal wiring as soon as possible. If it was a service electrician that told you that, and he then walked away without further investigation, I would call a different service electrical company and I would hold payment until I found out if the first electrician was negligent. Your original post would lead one to that as a possible conclusion.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
My first thought is that the Utility Company is "the electrician" who determined the power coming in was good. Original poster, if this is so, then get a service electrician in to check your internal wiring as soon as possible. If it was a service electrician that told you that, and he then walked away without further investigation, I would call a different service electrical company and I would hold payment until I found out if the first electrician was negligent. Your original post would lead one to that as a possible conclusion.
And I agree completely.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.