Elevator room junction box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Electrician
Guys,

I just failed an elevator inspection because inspector state I can not have a junction box gutter style NEMA 1 under elevator disconnect. Is this correct? Crew installed this because was easy to land conduits coming out of slab. He cited 314.7 (a) (3) could not find anything. Also he make us cut and fill with concrete stub ups from MPOE for phone line.

Please any comments would be great.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
There is no such code section. Did you install a metal wireway or a junction box? What was the reason that he said it couldn't be there did it encroach more than 6" into the working space?

Electromatic

Occupation
Master Electrician
Was this gutter/box solely for the elevator equipment? Only equipment directly related to the elevator operation is allowed in the elevator machine room.

dpcarls1598

Master Electrician
Occupation
Master Electrician
Don’t even get me started on elevator inspections.
I failed one because the disconnect on the opposite wall of the control panel was too close but only when measured from the control panel to the lever on the disconnect when it’s HALF WAY IN BETWEEN ON AND OFF which it can’t be unless you hold it there. Changed it to a paddle style handle disconnect and passed. All over 3/8”.

Status
Not open for further replies.