Elevator Shunt Trip Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Can anyone understand the diffrerence between the F1 option and the F3 option on the Eaton Elevator Control Switches?

The F1 and F3 options seem to be two different ways for the fire alarm panel to monitor the shunt trip voltage. But they call F1 a "One Pole" monitor, and F3 a "three pole" monitor. Obviouslly, the shunt trip voltage isn't three phase, so I'm not sure what they are refering to.

Here is a link. I'm looking under the "Technical Data" at pages 5 for the F3 option, and page 7 for the F1 option. Pages 9 and 10 also show these options, but I don't really see why the F3 is needed??

http://www.eaton.com/Electrical/USA...chesandDisconnects/ElevatorControl/PCT_220919

Steve

david luchini

Staff member
Occupation
Engineer
"Poles" isn't referring to the number of phases on the shunt trip power, it is referring to the number of output contacts on the power monitoring relay.

With F1, you get one output contact NO/NC, for monitoring by the fire alarm system.

F3 provides three output contacts, "for special wiring of multiple switches to avoid feedback from paralleling contacts."

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
"Poles" isn't referring to the number of phases on the shunt trip power, it is referring to the number of output contacts on the power monitoring relay.

With F1, you get one output contact NO/NC, for monitoring by the fire alarm system.

F3 provides three output contacts, "for special wiring of multiple switches to avoid feedback from paralleling contacts."

Thanks. I thought it might be that, but then again, I also thought it might be for different types of fire alarm wiring.

For monitoring multiple elevators, it seems like it would just be simpler to use multiple fire alarm inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.