elevators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Guns

Is there a code in the NEC stating the location of the main diconnect for the elevator power / control panel not the disconnect for the cargo lights or outlet. I was told it has to be located within 36 inches of door entrance, I thought it was within site. Is 36 inches a elevator code.

iwire

Staff member
Is there a code in the NEC stating the location of the main diconnect for the elevator power / control panel not the disconnect for the cargo lights or outlet. I was told it has to be located within 36 inches of door entrance, I thought it was within site. Is 36 inches a elevator code.

It's an elevator code requirement, not NEC.

dcspector

Just follow NEC 620.51 There is nothing in ASME 17.1 Elevator Code regarding the 36" Must be a Local thing. Did you ask for a code reference NEC or ASME 17.1?

resistance

What contribution to this thread was that all about?
It?s clearly a compliment!! Complimenting Iwire?s level of experience in more than one area. Obviously, you are taking this personal. It's ok to be wrong!! We are all ears (at least I am) if you feel you are right!!! But trying to knock my compliment doesn't convince this audience!

resistance

Gee, sorry I don't own an elevator code book and you know me, I never provide code references:roll: but whats with the 'tude?
Exactly!!

Must be having a bad day! We all have them!!

Last edited:

dcspector

Gee, sorry I don't own an elevator code book and you know me, I never provide code references:roll: but whats with the 'tude? :confused:

Bob you and I have been friends and Foes for as long as I have been on this site. All I was saying is that there is nothing in the ASME 17.1 regarding the OP'S question. Bob is this a common requirement? Here in DC it is not, but I have "hear say" that it is. However, No one has proven the requirement.

Rewire

Bob you and I have been friends and Foes for as long as I have been on this site. All I was saying is that there is nothing in the ASME 17.1 regarding the OP'S question. Bob is this a common requirement? Here in DC it is not, but I have "hear say" that it is. However, No one has proven the requirement.

I think that this may be one of those rules that has been repeated often enough it is taken for granted that it is true

Status
Not open for further replies.