email notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfire77

Is there a way for me to receive an email notification when ever someone posts a thread in "Electrical Contracting & Estimating Management"?

Thanks,
J

At the top of thread when you open it, there is a tab THREAD TOOLS.

Then click on SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD.

Then choose the notification type and click on ADD SUBSCRIPTION.

mivey

The tool you are looking for is "Forum Tools". Then "Subsribe to This Forum". Then "Notification Type" = "Daily updates by email".

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
Seriously the best way to keep up with this forum is to just check once a day. Threads are posted all the time, and new posts are added all the time. If you're sitting at a computer all day you should have this section of the forum loaded in your web browser on its own tab all the time and you should refresh it each time you make the rounds.

Once you check for the day, you will read and/or post in whichever ones interest you. Then while checking those threads in which you subscribed you will see the new ones posted.

hurk27

I have 3 icons on my desk top, one is the main list of forums, the second is my subscribed post, the last is new post.

to do this is when you are viewing each just save it to your favorites if using IE, then go to your favorites and copy them to your desk top or a folder on your desk top if your a neat freak:grin:

the first one can be reached by clicking on "Mike Holt's Forum at the top of the page just above the forum tool bar, the second can be reached by finding you user name in a post and click on it and click "find all post by" or click "My Profile" in the forum tool bar, and select the "List subscriptions" in the menu on the left, the last one just click on "New Post" in the forum tool bar at the top 7th selection from the left, then just save each one in favorites, and copy to your desk top or folder.

mivey

Seriously the best way to keep up with this forum is to just check once a day. Threads are posted all the time, and new posts are added all the time.
That's true. And people do not always post in the forum you would expect. I actually pay very little attention to what forum the posts are in.

cadpoint

Another thing but unrelated, you really need to open two forum pages, run one as who's on-line, and the other per your desired viewing. Don’t change or mess with "who's online" just leave it alone.

With the cookies that are supplied by MH, your usually good to go all day. One doesn't time out in respects to read and unread messages, as long as your computer doesn't shoot down, via your personal settings, computer in-active closing down the hard drive, or even i-net access, etc, etc.

Not doing this, one will not retain "View First Unread" that part of the thread, this is because I believe in a half hour you’re going to time out to MH forum with out the dual pages and if you use any of the quick links across the top everything will be marked "As Read" and again loose "View First Unread" as well!

Most times if I compose a response I'll try to do it outside of the reply page, for some reason sometimes one will also lose active posts even with dual pages in place that are all unread to be marked read, IE one time's out and you've just arrived.

I can only assume this is based on the extensive time I take to post/compose my thoughts :) … and the meters running on the cookie er MH computer!

Last edited:

mivey

Another thing but unrelated, you really need to open two forum pages, run one as who's on-line, and the other per your desired viewing. Don?t change or mess with "who's online" just leave it alone.

With the cookies that are supplied by MH, your usually good to go all day. One doesn't time out in respects to read and unread messages, as long as your computer doesn't shoot down, via your personal settings, computer in-active closing down the hard drive, or even i-net access, etc, etc.

Not doing this, one will not retain "View First Unread" that part of the thread, this is because I believe in a half hour you?re going to time out to MH forum with out the dual pages and if you use any of the quick links across the top everything will be marked "As Read" and again loose "View First Unread" as well!

Most times if I compose a response I'll try to do it outside of the reply page, for some reason sometimes one will also lose active posts even with dual pages in place that are all unread to be marked read, IE one time's out and you've just arrived.

I can only assume this is based on the extensive time I take to post/compose my thoughts :) ? and the meters running on the cookie er MH computer!
I wondered how others handled that problem. A lot of times, I will just scroll through the threads and open a new window for those I'm going to read as I don't want the "As Read" problem.

That leads to another problem in that by the time I post in some older windows, new posts have been added and I sometimes miss them before posting. If I would have just stuck with that Evelyn Wood thing I'd be OK, but it was taking so long to read the program...

Status
Not open for further replies.