EMC without Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
What's an EMC? What exactly are you trying to build, and what do you have to work with?

ohmhead

hi, I wonder if an EMC can be achieved without coils?? We have to use filters with iron cores?

Iam kinda thinking you are asking EMC - electric mechanic coil ? If so yes how about SCR turn on gate we have a complete connection .

AC or DC your choice does this help or is this not what you mean to switch on or off .

No magnetic effects

electrics

I think I asked a very difficult question:)
I only ask if it is possible to design a filter (conventionally this is a coil as far as I know)for electromagnetic compatibility , which has no iron core ?

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
"EMC" is a term used in attaining CE compliance in places OTHER than North America. You posted this question in a forum that is primarily frequented by Electricians and Engineers located in North America, hence the lack of understanding of the term. it's not something we are generally concerned with here...yet. We do deal with it at a manufacturing level, especially when exporting devices that need CE compliance. But CE is not required here, so most Electricians don't deal with it.

There are low-pass filters, such as RC networks, that can be used, but as to the "EMC achievement", that will entirely depend on the amount of EMI coming from the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.