Emergency shut off for gas pumps gas station jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

highvolts582

I got a call from one of my gas station customers. It seems I need to replace an emergency shut off button for the gas pumps. mechanical failure someone broke the button. Is there anything besides turning off the power and leaving my cigarettes in my work van I should be concerned about? I try not to take anything for granted. I expect it feeds a contactor because i assume there is more than one circuit feeding pumps and I assume all would be shutting off if that button is hit.

Thanks I have never completed electrical work under a gas canopy ever I have a good understanding of and have wired explosion proof methods.

going tommorrow after noon any tips would be helpful.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Generally, I would simply suggest replacement of the button/actuator in kind. You probably will need a special order for it, but I certainly don't know that for a fact. It's possible, but not likely, that it will be located in a classified location which could complicate things a bit. Since I don't know the details, I can't give more specific suggestions, but I doubt anything beyond the button/actuator will need repacement.

The basic rules are in Section 514.11. Read 514.11(A) very carefully; especially where applying it to disconnecting all circuit conductors; it can be a confusing read the first time through.

Status
Not open for further replies.