EMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
I am talking to a woman on the phone as I write. She is in Indianapolis and has readings in the 100mg range.

From talking to her it is simple tie in problems. I do not want to charge her to drive there to show her how to fix the problem

So any one here near Indy that can help her?

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician
I am talking to a woman on the phone as I write. She is in Indianapolis and has readings in the 100mg range.

From talking to her it is simple tie in problems. I do not want to charge her to drive there to show her how to fix the problem

So any one here near Indy that can help her?

Readings of what?

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Guass readings of 100. Goes away when main is shut off.

I know what the problems could be I just don't want her to have to pay me to drive from Ohio to show her

Is someone here that works in Indy ? that can help her?

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician

I know what the problems could be I just don't want her to have to pay me to drive from Ohio to show her

Electricity = magnetism

Make sure panel is properly bonded to GEC...

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician

There is your answer! She needs to live away from electricity.

Seriously, she is worried about .1 gauss? The earth's magnetic field at the surface is .3 to .6 gauss.

I wonder if she used to or still wears a magnetic bracelet?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
100 milligauss is a very high reading. I suspect a large piece of equipment or a transformer. We had a reading of well over 150mg at the trany for a furnace but inside the house was only about 13 mg-- which is still considered high.

3 way switches are another good culprit and if the house has K&T well-- good luck with that one

meternerd

Occupation
retired water & electric utility electrician, meter/relay tech
I said 100 not .1

Show me or anyone else definitive evidence that ANY level of EMF causes human health problems. Lots of hype about cell phones, etc., but no hard proof that I've ever read about.

Kinda like Global Warming, or Global Cooling, or Climate Change, or atmospheric disruption, or some other scientific sounding baloney. Prove it! :rant:

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Show me or anyone else definitive evidence that ANY level of EMF causes human health problems. Lots of hype about cell phones, etc., but no hard proof that I've ever read about.

Kinda like Global Warming, or Global Cooling, or Climate Change, or atmospheric disruption, or some other scientific sounding baloney. Prove it! :rant:

There have been studies that have linked childhood Leukemia to electromagnetic field's but whether we choose to believe it or not does not matter if the client does not want them in there home. It is not difficult to avoid them so why not make the effort.

Let's not get into a political exchange about global warming- if you don't accept it that is your right.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO

IMHO we have know this for years. Remember when they did not want us sitting in front of the TV.

I have two books on EMF giving to me from the Publisher at Battelle, now retired, and they are written so high above the Phd level that I don't know if anyone could understand them.

As provide above there are some recommended levels.

Moving a clock radio away from you when you sleep has helped people with headaches.

Now Dennis said it best. Why not just fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.