EMF's and hauntings

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalperson

In today's world I doubt that there is anywhere there will be no EMF readings.

Just wait until the peak of the next solar cycle! (Which will happen in 2012, you know, the year the world will end.)

Seriously, if your customer wants someone to ID EMF sources and you don't have the experience or the equipment to do it you should pass on this one.

the house was wired in the early 40s. possibly knob and tube and possible crappy wiring by crappy electricians

ohmhead

Well do i believe in existance of a ghost no .
BUT i do believe that a EMF can effect you if your exposed to a high level for long periods like a switch yard at a power plant working in that environment for days or weeks at a time.
Can i prove it no can i tell you a story yes .
For one year our crew worked at the vero beach power plant a exsiting working plant installing a new reheat t38 45 MW GE generator .
Each day someone had a headache if not two or three of our crew it was unusual for any of us to have this happen out of the yard but in the yard during a 8 hour day it would happen along with some other effects to give a little substance to the high magnetic fields in that yard .

In the military was aboard the Nimitz cvn68 4 years em3 when we were near or around the reactor walls in storage working we were only aloud in there for a time period do to headaches and also you could feel the magnetic force around this area your hair on your arm would tingle and you felt funny down there working .just thinking back what did this do to us ? take care be safe

AV ELECTRIC

090323-1641 est

do you know if the "ghost hunters" were measuring magnetic, electric, and or radiated fields?

If you can determine what they were measuring and can borrow a known good instrument, then run your own measurements and compare your measurements with known scientific limits for personal safety. Also try to determine what were the measurement levels found by the "ghost hunters".

I think i have been exposed to much higher rf levels than what most individuals have. When i was young i received radio diathermy treatments. These were probably about 100 to 1000 w transmitters in the 30 mhz range and were intended to warm the interior of the body. In the navy we had problems with our main battery fire control radar. The antenna array was for the forward 16" guns and was mounted on top of the conning tower. I setup my self made test system that i put a few feet in front of the antenna. I was up there using a scope to monitor the signal. This antenna use a motor driven spark gap switch to connect the transmitter output to one part of the array at a time. Found the problem to be water inside the switch mechanism. I was exposed to high power radiation in this case. People exposed to this type of radiation for long periods are known to have related problems. My time of exposure was not great, but the power level was high.

I believe if you take a fluorescent bulb and go below a high voltage transmission line that the bulb will light. I have never tried this. However, on numerous occasions i have demonstrated the illumination of a fluorescent lamp in front of an antenna connected to a 2 meter transmitter. With a 25 w 2 meter transmitter and a beam antenna i can be a number of feet away and it will illuminate. It is one way to provide a qualitative illustration of the beam shape. I doubt that you can go around any normal house carrying an unattached fluorescent bulb and have it light up. The lighting of a fluorescent lamp will be from an electric field below the power lines and not a magnetic field.

You might ask the home owner why there should be any correlation between an electric field and ghosts. But this probably would not have any effect on a person that was afraid of ghosts. If ghosts exist, then i believe they would be associated with some field of which we have no present knowledge of its existence, and this kind of field would probably not be limited by the speed of light.

It is easy to find moderate electric fields in my house, magnetic fields are very low, and rf is also low. The electric fields come from my fluorescent lamps.

i think your theory is intresting and flourescent bulbs do light under transmission lines the stronger the field the brighter they become.

SegDog

Ghosts, yes...

Ghosts, yes...

I never believed in ghosts or spirits until a few years ago. I had two distinct (possibly more) experiences in a very old townhouse that I was wiring. For obvious reasons I never told anyone of what was going on. One day the boss was talking about a problem that one of the developers was having getting rid of ghosts from a neighboring house. They were not laughing-off this matter. One day I would like to follow-up this story to see if it still persisted...

Not an April fools joke!!!

FYI, no one was harmed in any way.

ohmhead

i think your theory is intresting and flourescent bulbs do light under transmission lines the stronger the field the brighter they become.

Well we kinda agree a flourescent tube lamp will not lite up under a high voltage ac 60 hertz transmission line been there ,you need a 50 kv source at 25khz ac to make the noble gas inside a gas lamp to become energized meaning excite the elements in argon gas & phosphor coating & mercury in a flourescent tube called photon emitting light. take care be safe

electricalperson

i remember the tv show with mark summers on nickelodian called "what would you do" or something like that. they put a guy in an electric chair and made him hold a tube and it lit when he held it

ohmhead

i remember the tv show with mark summers on nickelodian called "what would you do" or something like that. they put a guy in an electric chair and made him hold a tube and it lit when he held it

Well yes a tesla coil can light up any lamp or tube from any distance near the magnetic field around it the field is so strong it excites the gas to glow .
And the frequency is also the key to the gas glowing .

Electric fields what would we do without them ? take care best to yas

Status
Not open for further replies.