employee app for job time and tasks

Anyone have a recommendation for an app that we can use to keep track of time and job tasks? I want something my guy can write is hours in and a brief description of where and what he was doing, and that I have access to and can view. Any recommendations?

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
If you are using QuickBooks they have the ability to track employee time and location specific information and that the employee is allowed to input the info. It also can be used, via a phone app, to track mileage. The info collected can be used to facilitate customer billings too.

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
If you are using QuickBooks they have the ability to track employee time and location specific information and that the employee is allowed to input the info. It also can be used, via a phone app, to track mileage. The info collected can be used to facilitate customer billings too.
I use the online app often but it is very buggy. Every update fixes 1 thing and breaks 2 others for a couple weeks.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child

this is what we use.

There is a feature called "Field Notes"; they can select the employee name, job name, and then write a brief description of anything needed.

runninNMB

Occupation
Master Electrician
I am a small business (1 employee) so I do all the tracking/field notes, etc. I use the app HoursTracker, which I find really helpful. It's not integrated into QBO, which I also use, but it can be exported into spreadsheet, and you can set hourly rate, add breaks, etc and also set reminders which even alert you to clock in/out.